• Welcome to Community Labor News Forum. Please login or sign up.

September 24, 2020, 12:22:57 pm

News:

If you are a member of the original vbulletin forum and wish to post with your former username you'll need to Reset your password  If you need help remembering your username or the email address you used to register, please feel free to contact Tony using the CLNEWS Contact Form

Hello from Bettina

Started by Bettina, January 31, 2008, 04:08:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bettina

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  My name is Bettina Spencer and I am a social psychologist whose research focuses on how stereotypes and stigma affect working-class individuals.  I got interested in this line of work because I was a first-generation college student (who moved from a small Michigan factory town to NYC for college) and got tired of not seeing anyone like me either at school or represented in the literature.  Nothing I read ever addressed issues of class or economic injustice.  I never saw the psych articles break down their research by class or specifically address class differences, so I decided to do it myself.  I am now a professor and quite happy continuing my research, working in the community, and teaching my students about solidarity.

Tony Budak

Hi Bettina,

Welcome. It is so good to have you join our community.

Yes, there seems a conscious decision by most main stream media, driven by greenbacks to ignore the fundamentals i.e., economic democracy, along with human and labor rights while advocating property and profit interests.

Please have a look around the site and feel free to contribute in any way.
With Respect and Cheers,
Tony Budak, Site Owner and Webmaster

Please do not email or PM me for CLNews technical  support. Instead Post Questions and Concerns Here