Author Topic: CL Forum thread for SUGGESTIONS  (Read 4073 times)

Tony Budak

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • Community Labor News
CL Forum thread for SUGGESTIONS
« on: May 22, 2007, 11:52:12 AM »
I've recently received two messages regarding how to improve the site. Both fine messages sent to my home and or Admin email account which is also fine as far as it goes, but this forum program is an attempt at a social technology approach. So...if you would be adventurous and kind, please use the forum board designated for the CL forum board suggestion.

This board is public to the CL Forum community, here we, this community, can learn from each other and for my part I will do my best to respond to queries.

Of course you should have your I.D. registration configurations in hand and then check the “remember me?” box, so you never have to remember. ;)

I do appreciate suggestions and wish to make this forum to your liking as best that I possibly can.

Just click the "Post Reply" button on the left and lets hear from you.
With Respect and Cheers,
Tony Budak, Site Owner and Webmaster

Please do not email or PM me for CLNews technical  support. Instead Post Questions and Concerns Here

Staughton Lynd

• Offline Offline
Down but not out
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 01:32:51 PM »
Tony,
       I know I am singular but I really find it almost impossible to be asked to travel from click to click to find content.  At this early stage of dialogue among participants I would like to see all contributions immediately available on CL News when one first clicks there.  I am not interested in pursuing various "threads" or "sub-discussions" until I have some way of deciding whether I am interested.
       Why can't an electronic dialogue mimic a face to face dialogue to the greatest extent possible?  That would mean all subjects on the table in a single ongoing discussion.
       Brother Staughton

Tony Budak

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • Community Labor News
Helpfull tip
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 02:03:19 PM »
Hi Staughton,

That's an excellent point, and I'm going to make the necessary changes ASAP. For the very immediate time being, the weeds need cut, and the tomato garden needs planting. But your point is something that I'm in total agreement.

The current web site stage initially is a lets get things going, rather then doing all design prior to implementation. Please. stay tuned.

Here is a tip, once you are registered and after you fill in the user name, password and check the "remember me" box, you then access the main board area. I suggest that you pull up the page where the list of posted article from authors is located. This page can easily be the CLNews Forum DOOR for you. Remember, save, or make a short cut to that site address, URL, Universal Resource Locator.

That site page can be if you wish the entry page in the future, just DON'T log out from there, instead, use your home pc web browser handler and click the red X in the top right corner.

When you go to the URL you will be logged in at the page you left, with a refresh already done, if you already have set browser to renew or the latest page option. All new content posted is on the screen. The log in will in coded for you, the web site URL, address, didn’t change but the page contents did. Life is good. J

Oh, you must have your home system set with “cookies” enabled. They are the little gremlins that do this clicking for you.

Love to you and Alice, Tony
With Respect and Cheers,

Please do not email or PM me for CLNews technical  support. Instead Post Questions and Concerns Here

Tony Budak

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Offline Offline
    • Community Labor News
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:28:19 PM »
Quote from: Tony Budak;652

That site page can be if you wish the entry page in the future, just DON'T log out from there, instead, use your home pc web browser handler and click the red X in the top right corner.

When you go to the URL you will be logged in at the page you left, with a refresh already done, if you already have set browser to renew or the latest page option. All new content posted is on the screen. The log in will in coded for you, the web site URL, address, didn’t change but the page contents did. Life is good.

This is the URL, http://www.clnews.org/forums/index.php

When you pull up this page if any new post are there, then you will see a RED profile face on the left of the board. That means fresh content.

Also when you post material and befor hitting the red x to exit, be sure to subscribe to that thread. This will automaticly send you an email should anyone respond to your article. This subscribtion option works on boards and threads that you didn't post to, but wish to be kept up to date when new comments are added.
With Respect and Cheers,

Larry140

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 04:07:57 PM »
Brother Staughton,

Do you have a site or two to look at, for examples?
Seems like whatever way it's set up, there are disadvantages. I don't like this thread-click set up either but I havent' found any better system. always looking though.  

Larry140

Larry140

• Offline Offline
bigger arrows?
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 04:12:29 PM »
Hi Tony, nice to see your site up and postable now!

About those teeny black arrows that pop the menus up -- could they be made bigger and easier to notice? I overlooked them completely until we talked and you pointed them out.

have a great day,
larry