Author Topic: CNN's Anderson Cooper Cracks Up His Show's Staff as He Mocks Trump's Ridiculous Doublespeak  (Read 98 times)

AlterNet

CNN's Anderson Cooper Cracks Up His Show's Staff as He Mocks Trump's Ridiculous Doublespeak

The White House press briefing has turned into a circus.

CNN's Anderson Cooper broke into open mockery of President Donald Trump and his aides' recent absurd attempts to backtrack on his claims about Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

The latest ridiculous spin came after Trump told a reporter on camera that he didn't believe Russia is continuing to target the United States, as the entire intelligence community believes. Press secretary Sarah Sanders said that when Trump said "no" to a reporter's direct question about whether there is an ongoing attack, he meant that he wouldn't take any more questions.

This meager excuse was too much for Cooper to take seriously, and he mimicked Trump's repeating of the word "no," complete with facial expressions.

Then, speaking with White House reporter Jim Acosta, Cooper joked again about the president's contradictions and reversals.

"Sarah Sanders has a credibility problem when she comes into that briefing room and tries to clean things up in that fashion," Acosta said. "Her job is not to come into the briefing room and gaslight the American people."

"Do you mean she has a credibility problem or hasn't a credibility problem?" quipped Cooper. "I just want to be clear. We've had a lot of problems with apostrophes in the last couple days."

"I would say she has a credibility problem, and I would not say that she doesn't," said Acosta, drawing more laughs.

Watch the clip below:

Related Stories

Source: CNN's Anderson Cooper Cracks Up His Show's Staff as He Mocks Trump's Ridiculous Doublespeak