• Welcome to Community Labor News Forum. Please login or sign up.

October 28, 2020, 09:46:13 pm

News:

If you are a member of the original vbulletin forum and wish to post with your former username you'll need to Reset your password  If you need help remembering your username or the email address you used to register, please feel free to contact Tony using the CLNEWS Contact Form

forthcoming: ep001: AnthropObscene podcast ft. John Zerzan @ extinction.global

Started by AnarchistNews.org, November 08, 2017, 11:04:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchistNews.org

forthcoming: ep001: AnthropObscene podcast ft. John Zerzan @ extinction.global

extinction.global on SoundCloud with John Zerzan

AB: And that's why ONTOLOGY is where I begin, because we make decisions based on what we think is real and how we think it operates.

JZ: Yeah, the matter of inertia and what's respectable and accepted.

AB: Mhm!

JZ: They look around, then they go, "well, I never heard anyone else say that," so there you are.

AB: That is consensus reality, and so my thing that I also discussed with you over the email was that consensus reality is something that I'd like to affect. If we want to make changes at the scale that is going to be necessary to mitigate the ongoing ruin--because that's _all_ we're going to *do,* is maybe

_slow_ the bleeding, because we're not going to *stop* it--but, if we can do that, it's going to start with people becoming aware that that's what we're doing. [laughs]

AB: Because right now, EVERYBODY'S THINKING IN THIS MODEL OF THE UNIVERSE WHERE "I EXIST TO MAKE RENT." Well if THAT'S how it works, we're gonna RUN IT RIGHT INTO THE GROUND LIKE WE'VE ALREADY BEEN DOING.

JZ:  YEAH, IT'S NOT GONNA CHANGE.

AB:  EXACTLY. So we have to PRIORITIZE. If we're going to live in an economy of scarcity,?

ep001 forthcoming?

category: 

Source: forthcoming: ep001: AnthropObscene podcast ft. John Zerzan @ extinction.global