• Welcome to Community Labor News Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 29, 2020, 11:02:49 am

News:

If you are a member of the original vbulletin forum and wish to post with your former username you'll need to Reset your password  If you need help remembering your username or the email address you used to register, please feel free to contact Tony using the CLNEWS Contact Form

Lucasville: The Untold Story of a Prison Uprising

Started by CL Admin, March 16, 2007, 02:55:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CL Admin

In the tradition of the play, The Exonerated comes

Lucasville: The Untold Story of a Prison Uprising.

However, unlike the former death row prisoners in The Exonerated, the subjects of this play are still
sentenced to be executed, still pursuing their appeals, and still struggling against wrongful convictions.

Lucasville is a moving and powerful theatre presentation, written with the cooperation of the five men
who were sentenced to death for their alleged roles in the 1993 uprising that rocked the maximum
security prison in Lucasville, Ohio.

Lucasville will tour as a companion piece with Clarence Darrow: The Search for Justice starring
Gary Anderson, the lauded and nationally renowned portrayer of Mr. Darrow. This legendary attorney
was the nation's staunchest opponent of the death penalty and saved 102 men from execution.

Download the Attached Flier

Staughton Lynd

Friends,

Several alternative media have asked me to write something about the forthcoming Ohio tour of the play "Lucasville" (with "Clarence Darrow" as a companion piece at each location).

I have waited until my feelings about Governor Strickland's recent actions (or non-actions) as well as more longterm concerns as an historian and member of the Society of Friends, seemed to fall into place together with the information about "Lucasville."

Attached in Word is my best effort.
       Brother Staughton