Sorry for frequent mispells and typos... Eng. is my 4th language, bear w/ me..
let us know of your organization, actions and individual accomplishments & stories, we will include your link to our appeals and newsletter !
* U N I T E *!
FIGHT BACK !
Police Accountability Direct Services
Idriss Stelley Foundation
Law Enforcement Accountability
4921 3rd St., SF CA 94124
24 HR Bilingual Spa. Crisis Line
Host of SF Village Voice Community Radio 100.5 f.m.
Station Manager: Fernando Venceramos
Call live on the air (415) 822-4732
Cell: (415) 504-4764
FRENCH LANGUAGE, set up by SOS Racisme
Please add as a link to your progressive website,
and forward to all people in need of services !
EN LA LUCHA,
In Struggle & Solidarity,
Peace in DA Hood & Beyond
Idriss Stelley Foundation
meshá Mongé-Irizarry, Idriss' Mom
SF Bayview National Black Newspaper Reporter
& member of:
National Hurricane Relief Board
International ADFE (Board of Association of Socialist French Citizens Abroad )
SF Youth Empowerment Funding Advisory Board, (City Gov., DCYF)
National Black&BrownUnity Movement Member
SF African American Community Policing Relations Board, (AACPRB) South East Branch
Rainbow Push Coalition contributing member
Member of October 22 National Coalition to Stop Police Brutality
Freelance writer, Indybay, Indymedia, Changester and Happs Magazine
SF Green Party People of Color Caucus
Owner of SF Village Voice Commujnity Radio
Host of SF Bayview CEDP (Campaign to End the Death Penalty)
Coordinatoe of "Education Bot Incarceration, SF Chapter
(Nominated "Local Hero of the Year"
by the San Francisco Bay Guardian,
"Best of 2004 Award" edition, July 28/04
Beyond Chronicle "Unsung Heroes" Award Dec. 2006
February, 2007Recipient of
International Award, spearheaded by Dorinda Moreno
Mother of the National Xicano Moratorium, honoring
1000 Women who have made a sustantial difference in our World
Madame Kadiatou Diallo, Mother of Amadou Diallo,
Murdered by NYPD in 1999, is a recent recipient of the Award.
IDRISS STELLEY FOUNDATION (ISF)
ISF is a nonprofit organization created
through the settlement of Idriss Stelley's vs. City &County and SFPD case
and its allocation to his mother meshá Mongé-Irizarry
Her only child, 23 African American honor student was killed by SFPD
at the SF Sony Metreon on June 13, 2001, 48 shots, 9 officers,
as he stood alone in an empty theater.
Idriss Stelley's case is at the root of the 40-HR
mandatory SFPD Mental Health Training,
ratified in SF in March 2002, and of the SF Police relorm,
won by a substantial margin on the Nov. 03 SF ballot
ISF provides free, confidential services to
biological and extended families
whose loved ones have been negatively impacted,
disabled or killed by law enforcement.
* Know your rights workshops
* Victory oVer Violence (support group)
* Support counseling
* Community altar
* 24-HR Trilingual Spanish/French/English crisis line
* Family outreach training program
* Community monitoring of SFPD accountability
* Police Reform (prop H) implementation
* Police Commission hearing weekly attendance
* Participation in Police Academy Citizen Training
* Volunteer and undergraduate program
* (Pending grant: funeral benefits for Families of People killed by PD)
* Free E-mail &Internet access to Families &Youth affected by law enforcement
misconduct. ISF moderates 51 websites for Justice.
* Webcast "SF Village Voice", "BVHP Village Voice" F.M. Radio, 24/7
* Member of Bay Area Network Against Police Brutality
* Bayview Youth Mural Dream Project (grant pending)
* Host of CEDP (Campaign to End the Death Penalty) SF Bayview Chapter
* Member of South East Branch of AACPRB (African American Community Policing Relations Board)
* Member of October 22 Coalition to Sop Police Brutality, Repression and the Criminalization of a Generation
* Our director sits on the Hurricane Relief Board and YEFAB (SF Youth Empowerment Funding Advisory Board, City Gov)
* on going articles on Law Enforcement Accountability on Indymedia, Indybay, SF Beyond Chronicle,SF Bayview National Black Newspaper, San Jose Happs and Changester Magazines.
* SRO Tenants (Single Room Occupancy) Police Abuse Reporting weekly clinic
* Collaborative Book Project "Broken Bones Brown Bodies" with Leroy Moore, Disability Advocate for People of Color, Poet, writer, ground breaking database and writings on Police Brutality Against Disabled People of Color
* Save Kevin Cooper Steering Committee
* Collaborative Community Policing outreach with Delacy Davis, President and Founder of Black Cops Against Police Brutality.
The primary focus of ISF, justified by casualty statistics is:
To serve the Bay Area African American Community and Families of Color,
although no one is ever turned down for services.
Home visits can be scheduled if needed.
(African Americans constitute 92% of our Client Base)
We are seeking volunteers and interns to staff
our bilingual 24-HR crisis line, teach basic computer skills,
provide confidential support counseling,
facilitate upcoming Self Help PTSD Support Group
staff special events
and help with fundraising
ISF depends on the community to continue
providing direct services to its clients
Checks can be made out to:
ISF 4921 3rd St, SF, CA 94124
wheelchair accessible / home visits upon request
For an appointment, leave a message
(415) 595-8251 / 24-HR Bilingual Crisis Line
Or write to: IOLMISHA@CS.COM
(The following is a list of websites set up & moderated by Idriss Stelley Foundation, for families of victims of law enforcement and survivors).
* We set up your website at no cost and moderate it for you, or can give you, if you wish, all instructions to moderate it yourself.
* We also provide free translations of your Law Enforcement Accountability material, press releases, critical mass announcements and flyers (Eng-Spa-French), and provide professional translation services to AfriKan Millenium, Haiti.Net and Equal Justice Society.at no charge.
Let us continue together to support the families, and the survivors of Law Enforcement Misconduct.
* SURVIVORS OF LAW ENFORCEMENT BRUTALITY
Empowered Families Against Police Abuse
SHANE ANTHONY HAYES
TONYE ALLEN &ANN BROWN
LOUIS ARRIAGA JR.
OFFICER TERRENCE ALEXANDER
LASHAUN HARRIS (173 signatures)
GAY/LESBIAN/ BISEXUAL/TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY
BAN TASERS NOW
ELLI OT NOBLES (Deceased), LARRY NOBLES (Survivor)
END POLICE ABUSE of SRO TENANTS
STOP POLICE ABUSE AGAINST the MENTALLY ILL
Brown_Broken_Disabled_Bodies, stop Police abuse of Disabled People of Color
* STOLEN LIVES
HERBERT TYRONE WATTS
GUS RUGLEY , now managed by his mother Elvira Pollard
OLIVER LEFITI , AKA "BigO"
ASA SULLIVAN , now managed by his brother Khalil Sullivan
CLARENCE RAY ALLEN
SHANE ANTHONY HAYES
ERIC KLEEMEYER (Spanish Language)
* Other Racial and Social Justice sites managed by ISF
EDUCATION NOT INCARCERATION, SF Chapter
DANNY GLOVER 4 MAYOR, SF
FREE THE SF 8, BLACK POWER MOVEMENT VETERANS
(our Radio Station on site at ISF)
Please check on the following
Law Enforcement acccountability
related links :
National Network in Action, California Chapter,
National President Rev. Floyd D. Harris. Jr..
Brother Wayne Jones, Roanoke, WV
Ceretha Mitchell Butler, AKA Cee CEE
Police Accountabillity Advocate, North Carolina
Cathy Harris' site, former Border Patrol
Mifflin Wistar Gibbs ,
Police Accountability Advocate,
Reporter, Sonoma County
Sgt Delacy Davis, Founder &President
Black Cops Against Police Brutality
(website still under construction, soon forwarded to you):
* West Coast Black Television Network *
A new wave of television networks opening new portals for Urban Businesses and Entertainment from the West Coast
and its supporters here, &Now!
?Each new hour
holds new chances
for new beginnings.?